Saturday, May 3, 2008

Building wealth part 2: tiny bit of money

So now I had maybe $250 or $300 dollars a month that we were not using. Back then I discovered ING( which was giving $25 for just opening an account, I don't think they're doing it anymore). I started transferring these money into savings account, thinking that I always can get them if I needed. Funny thing was I DID NOT need them. Whatever purchases we were making, I was able to pay for at the end of the month. ( after ING dropped their interest rate, I found other internet banks, like igobanking.com, countrywide.com and a few others)
Good, I thought, but these savings don't really bring you that much in terms of real appreciation.I saw gallon of milk ( and ,obviously, a gallon of gas!) going up steadily in price without interst rate increases in my savings account.

No comments: